Baked salmon tray with rice and tomatoesCourse: DinnerCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Beginner
14 oz. (400g) salmon fillet, skin removed
1 tsp. honey
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 slices of lemon + 2 tbsp. of juice
⅞ cup (200g) jasmine rice
1 cup (150g) cherry tomatoes
4 tbsp. natural yogurt, 0% fat
handful basil leaves
2 tsp. paprika
½ tsp. curry
1 tsp. oregano
pinch of chili flakes
- Cut the salmon fillet into 4 pieces. Rinse, dry and place in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, curry, and oregano. Add honey, soy sauce, 2 tbsp. of olive oil and 2 tbsp. of lemon juice. Mix everything and cover the bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packaging. Drain it, then transfer into a baking dish and spread the rice over the whole surface of the dish.
- Place the salmon fillets on top of the rice, add the cherry tomatoes and basil leaves, then sprinkle with chili flakes.
- Top salmon with lemon slices, and drizzle over the remaining marinade and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of natural yogurt.
- Gluten free and high protein recipe