Zesty turkey meatballs with couscous saladCourse: LunchCuisine: Other world cuisineDifficulty: Beginner
A delicious and nutritious high protein recipe! This zesty meatballs with cous cous salad will boost your energy and improve your mood! Enjoy it with a side salad or a portion of pineapple after.
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
¼ tsp. chili flakes
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 lb. (500g) turkey thigh mince
2 handfuls mint leaves, finely chopped
1 lemon, zested and juiced
7 oz. (200g) 0% fat Greek yogurt
1 garlic clove, minced
7 oz. (200g) couscous, plus 1 tbsp.
1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock cube
7 oz. (200g) frozen peas
8 radishes, finely sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and sauté onion for 5 minutes. Add in the chilies and garlic, then continue for another 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl, and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the turkey mince, half the mint, half the lemon zest and 1 tbsp. of dry couscous into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper, mix well and shape into 16 meatballs. Pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, put the couscous in a bowl with the remaining lemon zest. Pour over the hot stock, cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Blanche the peas in a pot for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Make the sauce by mixing the yogurt, minced garlic, the remaining mint and half the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, and mix in the remaining lemon juice, peas, and sliced radishes. Season to taste.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the meatballs for 10 minutes, turning regularly until browned. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 more minutes on low heat, until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with the couscous salad and yogurt.
- High protein recipe